Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Lord is My Shepherd

Cross
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie to down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

Invitatory
To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in You;
I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.

Cruciform
Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For you are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.

Weeks
I will seek and desire the LORD, have mercy on me God all the days of my life so I can
behold your beauty.

Psalms 23, 25, 27

-----------------
I enjoy committing scripture to memory, however, it seems difficult to set time aside each day to work on memorization. Using scripture in my prayers with beads keeps me with those scriptures, repeating them, and then committing them to memory over time. These are some of my favorite scriptures or combinations of scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment