Monday, March 18, 2013

a gift.

My sweet friend, Jana, blessed me with a very special gift. And that is where this journey of prayers with beads started for me. I loved them from the moment that I saw them. There is nothing magical about these beads, but they were made with love by my friend. Prayer is communion with God for me. The gift of prayer has changed my heart in every way. Most importantly it has allowed me to talk and listen to the lover of my Soul. My Creator. He knew me before I was born. Just being aware of God's presence in breath and prayer is such an amazing gift.

Praying with beads is a way for me to keep the words of prayer in my heart just a little bit longer. There is no rushing through a prayer when you take it one bead at a time. The words that we say in prayer will bless us. What a blessing to say a special scripture several times, or pray the Lord's Prayer on a regular basis. One can create their own bead prayers as my friend Jana did, and she gave me the prayer along with the beads she created.

So this blog is simply a place where I can record prayers that are tailored to use with beads and share that with others. Many of these prayers I have found in other places and I will give the links to those.

I have enjoyed making prayer beads for others to pass on the kindness and thoughtfulness that my friend, Jana showed me. Thanks be to God for His great gifts and for the special gift of prayer. And I am thankful for the bead prayers that cause the words to linger on my lips just a bit longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment